Thursday, May 30, 2019
Each social media platform utilized and maintained by the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office (LPSO) serves as a limited public forum and all published social media content is subject to monitoring.
LPSO recognizes and embraces the right of all members of our online audience to free speech and freedom of expression. However, all social media platforms maintained by LPSO are official accounts of LPSO and as such, inappropriate conduct by users of LPSO social media platforms will not be tolerated.
User-generated posts and/or comments are considered unacceptable when the content:
• contains profanity, sexually explicit language, obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest;
• contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information;
• contains offensive terms that target protected classes;
• is threatening, harassing or discriminatory;
• incites, advocates or promotes violence or illegal activities;
• contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety;
• advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual; or
• promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates.
All material posted to any LPSO social media platform will be reviewed by the administrators of that platform for appropriateness.
Public Affairs Director
Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office