The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for the following positions. Applications may be obtained:
·LPSO Employment Application Web upload.
·LPSO Employment Application download , print and return to LPSO testing office upon completion.
Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office
316 W. Main Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
Office hours Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Fax: (337) 236-3989
LPSO Human Resources
P.O. Box 3508
Lafayette, LA 70502
Overview of Job Descriptions and Salaries
LPSO Employee Benefits
Back to Job Listings
Patrolling general area of Lafayette Parish to control traffic, prevent crime or disturbance of
peace, and arrest violators by performing the following duties in a volunteer status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• To assist the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office in time of civil emergency.
• To encourage and develop the voluntary contributions of private citizens to the preservation of
law and order.
• To provide training in law enforcement and emergency service procedures for its members.
• To promote and encourage such parish‐wide benevolent programs as shall be undertaken from time
• To assist and encourage full‐time peace officers in the performance of their duties.
• By precept and example, to enhance the image of law enforcement officers in the public view
and to perpetuate the ancient and honorable custom of public assistance to those charged with
enforcement of law and the preservation of peace.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Louisiana Drivers License, Basic Certificate from a Louisiana P.O.S.T. Training Academy or
the equivalent hours of training, POST Firearms Certificate, First-Aid/CPR Certificate
Salary Range: No pay - Voluntary Position
Application Requirements: Download an application at lafayettesheriff.com or pick up an application at 316 W. Main St., Lafayette, LA.
Job Posted: 11/03/2016
Application Deadline: 12/03/2017
Contact: Robin Wilson