Home : Careers : Career Opportunities
The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for the following positions. Applications may be obtained:
·LPSO Employment Application Web upload.
·LPSO Employment Application download , print and return to LPSO testing office upon completion.
Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office
316 W. Main Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
Office hours Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Fax: (337) 236-3989
LPSO Human Resources
P.O. Box 3508
Lafayette, LA 70502
Overview of Job Descriptions and Salaries
LPSO Employee Benefits
Back to Job Listings
Provides general nursing care to patients in hospital, nursing home, infirmary, or similar health
care facility by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to the following:
The most important and essential job function of the position is attitude and includes the
following: getting along with co-workers, responding politely to members of the community
working as a team member, functioning under pressure, and responding in a positive manner to
Other duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing
• Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
• Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
• Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or
Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal
and assess condition of patient.
• Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and
• Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
• Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as
prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
• Rotates among various clinical services of institution such as obstetrics, surgery, orthopedics
outpatient and admitting, pediatrics, and psychiatry.
• Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies for surgery.
• Assists in surgery by handing items to Surgeon, Obstetrician, or other medical practitioner.
• Makes beds, bathes and feeds patients.
• Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
• Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Louisiana I.D., Licensed Registered Nurse
Application Requirements: Download an application online at www.lafayettesheriff.com or pick up an application at 316 W. Main St., Lafayette.
Job Posted: 10/14/2016
Application Deadline: 12/30/2018
Contact: Alanna Young